Monday, September 13, 2010

inspired thought



I have been thinking about this alot latley... Do we really live for the Glory of God?
 I know that alot of time I don't, I fall short. I've been really down about that fact lately, because to be honest, I held myself at a very high place, and I was allusioned to think that I am great, and I am worthy of God's favor. Well, heres the thing... I'm absoultly, under no circumstances, worthy of anything but condemnation from God. So, I wonder to myself, what should I do?

There, the problem lies in the question, what should I do? I, me, myself...any of the previous...cannot do absoultly anything...by myself. Alone I am nothing, I am prideful, decietful, wicked, and an enemy of God. Sure, I might know some Bible stories, but thats not what God asks of us. He is asking you and me to give up all that we are, to stop trying things by ourself, to become totally self-less, to become less, for Him. He wants to use our weaknesses to bring Himself glory. The crazy, ironic part of this whole thing is that the one thing that should be easy for me is actually the hardest. For any of you who know me, you know that admitting to weaknesses, letting someone else take control, is the hardest part. But glory to God, who let me see that I have a problem. God and I are now currently in the process of making me a more humble, loving, and considerate person.

No comments: