Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The twenty-first time

I was just listening to this song with my little brother and thinking about some things. Around this time of the year everyone jumps on board with all sorts of charity projects, helping people out, all kinds of great things. These things really are great, God has called us to help the poor, to sacrifice of ourselves and give to others. But as I was thinking about things I realized that a lot of times I use these "good deeds" "battles against poverty", to distract from the battle going on within myself. I can do all these things for other people and feel all good about myself, but I'm still lacking. My heart isn't in the right place... So I wonder, do I this other stuff to pull the focus away from the problems going on inside myself? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any acts of charity are bad at all, but we should all be careful to make sure were giving attention to whatever problems we have in our own life, in order to better help others. Listen to this song, and ask yourself this question, why do we ignore that person in need for 21 times?

No comments: