Monday, September 20, 2010

1. I went to my family reunion on Saturday...joy... and surprisingly the police did not get called, no one fought anyone, and the food didn't make me sick... all good things.
But while we were there we met this man, who is my hero, whose name is Kenny, here's why...
1. He's 72, and will be 73 in 4 days...and hes in better shape than me.
2. He used to be a marathon runner, he started when he was like 46ish...
3. He ran 6min. miles in a 10k...for all those none runners out there, that is ridiculously good.
4. He ran the Chicago Marathon, and finished in the top 12%, out of thousands of people, that's right, top 12%
5. Now He is a distance cycler...
6. Every morning he rides 64 miles to a restaurant and eats breakfast, and then he rides back... that's a grand total of 128 miles!!
7. For a vacation, He goes with his cycling friends and they ride 100miles a day for a week...That's a grand total of 500 miles.
8. He told us he doesn't know what it feels like to be old... He said he doesn't have any arthritis or anything!!
9. Hes related to me; therefore, maybe good genes "run" in the family :)
10. He gave me a schedule to work up to in order to run a 10k.

This reminds me of a verse I read last night...
5 And Moses the servant of the LORD died there in Moab, as the LORD had said. 6 He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone.

okay really think about this...How would you like to be buried by God... we're talking about GOD people!! Okay I would be sooo honored!! and on top of it all, Moses didn't even feel old!!

Lord, thanks for making the family reunion fun and educational...and thank you for a desire to live for You!

No comments: